If you have any queries please contact: Thapelo Mashishi: Tel: 011 559 2182 or 电子邮件: email@example.com
Online ordering of book and other library resources, including online textbooks listing
Practice note: Prescribed and recommended textbooks
It is the responsibility of teaching staff to prescribe textbooks in terms of the following 指南lines:
- A book should only be listed as prescribed if the student will be required to utilise at least 80% of it.
- 其他的书, where a smaller proportion of the book will be required reading, should be placed on the recommended list.
- Departments should ensure that prescribed textbooks (in the same edition) will be utilized for at least three years.
- 当推荐的书, staff should check whether these books are available in the 图书馆, 如果没有, ensure that they are included in the books ordered by the Department from their funding allocation. Books should not be recommended unless students have access to them. The 图书馆 can assist through the electronic ‘course reserves system.
- When deciding which books to prescribe, staff should ascertain the cost of possible choices, as one factor bearing on the final decision.
Approved by Senate 教学 and 学习 Committee